Oh 2015.. we are more than ready for you. We have so many fun and exciting things planned! First up is (drumroll please…) Hitched Academy! We are beyond thrilled to tell you about this day-long wedding planning seminar taking place on Saturday, February 7 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Adolphus Hotel in Downtown Dallas.
If you are recently engaged and have no idea where to start the planning process, then Hitched Academy is for you (this also applies to your friends who may be recently engaged)! We’ve assembled a team of wedding professionals that are excited to share their industry knowledge at this informative and interactive seminar. Your Winter 2015 Hitched Academy professors include:
- Kimberly Rhodes – Owner/Principal Event Planner, Hitched Events
- Emily Pence – Senior Event Coordinator, Hitched Events
- Lindsay Goldbaum – Catering Sales Manager, The Adolphus Hotel
- Don Mamone – Owner/Photographer, The Mamones
- Debby Jewesson – Principal, Branching Out Floral & Event Design
- Brian Prescott – DJ and Emcee, Simply Music
- Shannon Caldwell – Principal Artist, Something You Makeup Artistry & Hair Design
I know you’re probably wondering, “But Emily, what am I going to learn from these wedding industry professionals?” I’m glad you asked! In addition to giving you an overview of the general tasks involved in planning a wedding as well as wedding etiquette standards, we will also be offering three breakout sessions to choose from:
- The Hunt for the Perfect Venue – Hear from The Adolphus’ Catering Sales Manager Lindsay Goldbaum as she walks through the process of finding a reception location, commonly used event and catering terminology, questions to ask as you’re touring venues, and tips for comparing proposals.
- Putting Together Your Vendor Dream Team – An amazing wedding comes down to assembling an amazing team of vendors. Led by photographer Don Mamone and joined by DJ Brian Prescott and wedding planner Kimberly Rhodes, this team of professors will share their tips and tricks for finding the right vendors for your event.
- What Really Happens the Day of Your Wedding? – You obviously can’t be in more than one place at a time, so while you’re getting ready to walk down the aisle, what is going on behind the scenes? I will walk through all the moving pieces that happen on a wedding day.
You’ll also enjoy lunch from The Adolphus Hotel in the historic French Room, followed up with a Q&A session with our wedding industry professionals and recent brides.
Head over to the Hitched Academy website to see the full agenda and to enroll in the Winter 2015 session. Register by Tuesday, January 20, 2015 and receive the $199 Early Bird Pricing!
We hope you’re as excited about Hitched Academy as we are!