Be prepared and plan for the unexpected. That’s my motto when I’m prepping my day-of emergency bag. If you’ve been to any of our Hitched Events weddings, then you’ve seen us walking around with walkie talkies, a bottle of water, and a black messenger bag. Yes.. all the Hitched Events coordinators have the same messenger bag! It’s pretty much a condensed version of our large and in charge emergency kit, and it’s our best friend.
Here are a few of my favorite items in my wedding day messenger bag!
- Hollywood Fashion Tape – This double sided adhesive tape is a quick and easy way to hem a dress, stick onto a bra to make sure it doesn’t peek out of a dress, or secure plunging necklines. This is a must-have for every woman’s purse!
- Needle and thread – You never know when you’re going to need to fasten an eye hook that’s loose or sew someone into their dress with a broken zipper. (Yes, this has happened in the history of Hitched Events!)
- Candy – Have you ever wondered how to get a ring bearer or flower girl to smile in pictures after they’ve been sitting through a ceremony? The answer is.. bribe them with candy! If you ask them to smile for a few pictures in return for a lollipop, chances are they will cooperate!
- Bobby pins and hair ties – Brides and bridesmaids spend a better part of the day getting their hair and makeup done, and there’s a good possibility that their hair will slightly come out of place. These are the most used item in my kit!
- Bandaids – Friends, I’m going to let you in on a little secret.. you need to break in your shoes before you wear them to a wedding. Everyone should do this! But if you don’t, I’ll always have a bandaid for that pesky blister that will pop up once you start dancing.
Do you have any must-have items in your purse? Anything that we should add to our day-of wedding bags? Let us know!