A couple of weeks ago we talked about why Engagement Photos are a definite DO. So now that you have these gorgeous pictures, what do you do with them? In this day and age, it is so easy to get your digital photos, throw a few up on your social media of choice, and then not do anything further with them. But your engagement pictures are too good to not do something more with! We’ve got a few ideas on how to get them off of the disk and into your hands.
Before the Wedding
- Save the Dates: This isn’t really a novel idea, but bears mentioning. Your engagement photos make a great backdrop for getting the word out to your guests with your save the dates. And those distant relatives who may not have met your betrothed yet might like to get a glimpse before the actual walk down the aisle.
- Wedding Website: Your wedding website is the place your guests will go throughout the lead up to your wedding. From registry information, to hotels, to directions to the venues, your site will get a lot of traffic. What better place to splash up those glamour shots?!
- Notepads and Paper: With wedding planning comes lots of to-do lists and stacks of notes. Why not keep track of all those things in a notepad with sweet pictures of you and your honey. Pinhole Press makes some darling personalized notepads to keep you organized.
- Personalized Postage Stamps: Maybe you don’t want to use your photos in your save the date…that doesn’t mean you can’t still get a little face time! Create personalized postage stamps to give your correspondence that extra little uniquely-you touch.
At The Wedding
- Guest Book: Why use a boring lined book when you could have both a keepsake album of your engagement photos AND a place for guests to leave their well wishes. Shutterfly regularly has great deals on their fun guest book layouts.
- Photo Table: Print out a few of your engagement photos and frame them on a table with photos from your days of dating, and family photos from the past.
- Table Numbers: Use different photos for your table numbers and pair them up with thumbnail sized photos for the escort cards. Your guests will love seeing the photos and it will make finding their tables that much more fun.
- Photo Booth Backdrop: Why not enlarge one of your favorite engagement photos to serve as the backdrop for your Photo Booth? Guests can get their photo with you, even while you are cutting a rug on the dance floor.
- Capture This: Have guests come up with funny/creative captions for several of your engagement photos, which you can compile into a humourous keepsake for years to come. This could also serve as your guestbook!
- Puzzle Pieces: You two are like two puzzle pieces that fit together perfectly, so make a puzzle depicting just that! Small puzzles could serve as a great way to occupy the attention of children in attendance.
photo from Wedding Paper Divas
After the Wedding and Beyond
- Artwork: Frame one of those beauties and put it on your wall! Or on your desk at work. And gift them to your family!
- Thank You Cards: Your engagement photos make a great, personal focal point for your thank you cards…and you’ll have a lot of those babies to write. You might as well have something to remind you why you are writing them when your hand starts cramping up! (side note: you should probably have your thank you notes done before your wedding photos are ready from the photographer, thus the reason for using your engagement photos…I’m just sayin’).
- Holiday Cards: Depending on when you get your actual wedding photos back, your engagement photos can make for great “It’s our first holiday as a family!” cards that aren’t so wedding-y…know what I mean?
As you can see, there is no shortage of ideas if you just get a little creative! Have you seen a unique way engagement photos have been used? Share them with us here!