We just hit the 30 day mark with the Pink Pride Brides fashion show, and to say that we’re a bit busy is a complete understatement… but I would have it no other way! Being in the thick of planning a complicated event is what keeps me energized. It actually makes me feel like I’m back in New York City a little bit — the energy, the hustle, the sense of urgency. Love it!
Now that the event is (mostly) under control, I’m on a mission to get folks signed up to attend. Why should you sign up, you ask? Well, let me give you a few good reasons:
- It’s for a good cause. All proceeds from the event benefit The Bridge Breast Network, a local, not-for-profit organization that links uninsured and under insured women in the North Texas area with diagnostic and treatment services for breast cancer. Even if you’re not in the market for a wedding gown, the cause itself is a reason to attend.
- Gowns, gowns and more gowns. Mockingbird Bridal Boutique will be showcasing Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 gowns in a wide range of styles. Sophisticated and chic? Check. Lacy and girly? Check. Ball gowns, fit ‘n flare, A-line? Check, check and check! If you want to see a variety of styles on real people (instead of just on a hanger), this is your chance!
- Bridesmaid Dresses and accessories. Already have your gown? Not a problem. Pink Pride Brides will also feature bridesmaid dresses and accessories during the fashion show.
- Food and drinks. Our friends at Wendy Krispin Caterer and Food Glorious Food are providing beer, wine and hors d’oeuvres for the event. I can’t think of a better way to spend a Tuesday night – enjoying a glass of wine, eating some tasty bites, and checking out some bridal gowns. Count me in!
- And dessert too? Yep. Panini Bakery will be provided sweet treats for the event, and I absolutely love this bakery. They made my wedding cake, and it was simply amazing. I’m so looking forward to trying the cupcakes they are bringing out for the event.
Sign up for Pink Pride Brides – Bridal Fashion for a Cause today!
Need more reasons? Check back for reasons 5-10 for why you should attend Pink Pride Brides – Bridal Fashion for a Cause.